FLEX Alumni Success Stories
Tigran Gevorgyan (Yerevan ’06) took the second place in the Annual Presidential award for IT between the students of the European Regional Educational Academy. The annual Presidential awards for IT are given to the top students showing excellent achievements in their studies and research work and serve as a strong incentive for the Armenian youth to further enhance their expertise and keep the long lasting traditions of engineering excellence.
Anna Hovakimyan (Yerevan ’08) participated in Global Changemakers Global Youth Summit in November 2012 in London. Global Changemakers Summit is an annual Summit organized by the British Councils for youth making change in over 50 countries. Anna was one of the 60 selected between 3500 other participants.
Konstantin Ter-Nakalyan (Yerevan ’04) is the assistant of chief editor at www.blognews.am. The aim of blognews.am is to collect all the blog stories in one place and to encourage the new bloggers.
Armen Sahakyan (Yerevan ’09) presented his research paper at the Northeast Political Science Association (NPSA) Conference in Boston in November. For the spring semester he has been accepted as an intern at the European Institute in Washington, DC. His other research paper was accepted at the Northeast Regional Honors Council (NRHC) Conference in Philadelphia..
- Davit Avoyan (Yerevan ’11) has been offered admission to the New York University in Abu Dhabi with a full scholarship. He is going to be a part of a very diverse class of 2016.
- Artyom Zakaryan (Gyumri ’94) works at Germany Savings bank as a bank consultant.
- Shushanna Abovyan (Vanadzor ’07), Hasmik Tonapetyan (Gyumri ‘09) and Lusine Asatryan (Ashtarak ’03) were accepted as EducationUSA Student Ambassadors in Gyumri, Vanadzor and Ashtarak. The EducationUSA Student Ambassador is responsible for promoting the network of EducationUSA Advising Centers in Armenia.
- Nina Melkonyan (Yerevan ’11) received a full scholarship from United World College Atlantic in the United Kingdom. UWC College offers an International Bachelors degree to students. After graduation,the students can apply to any international school.
- Alen Shadunts (Goris ‘09) took part in a UN model conference (ROMUN) from 21 to 25 November organized by Students’ Movement for International Organizations (MSOI) and the youth branch of Italian Society for International Organizations (SIOI). It is an extraordinary intellectual and social conference that brings together an amazing assortment of young minds from around the world to engage in cultural exchange and gain first-hand experience of negotiating process by playing the role of diplomats for one week.